UV Leak Detection Dye
Dye added to the system mixes with the refrigerant oil and escapes with the refrigerant wherever there is a leak and glows brightly when inspected with a high-intensity leak detection lamp. OEM Approved and NSF Certified.
Works with all refrigerants in both heat pump and air conditioners. Stays in the system for future leak detection and maintenance. Great for hard-to-find leaks.
How it works:
- A small amount of fluorescent dye is added to an air conditioning or refrigeration system and allowed to circulate. The dye escapes with the system’s refrigerant and remains at all leak sites. When the system is scanned with a Spectroline® inspection lamp, the dye fluoresces brilliantly to pinpoint the exact source of every leak. Proven to find multiple and intermittent leaks undetectable by any other method. Even leaks smaller than 1/8 ounce per year!
- The dye can remain safely in AC&R systems indefinitely for future leak inspections.
- Fluorescent leak detection is the only method that can be used for both accurate diagnostics and as part of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- AR-GLO® fluorescent dyes are the only dyes that are co-solvent free and OEM-approved by major compressor, refrigerant, lubricant and AC&R equipment manufacturers.
- AR-GLO® dyes are super-concentrated and proven in over 50 million AC&R systems worldwide.
- AR-GLO® dyes are completely safe and will not alter or impair lubricant properties, which could lead to equipment damage and costly downtime. They have been successfully tested in accordance with ASHRAE Standards 97 and 86.